• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Online Purchase Delivered To Wrong Address

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Mopps

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? GA

I bought a game from Amazon and it was supposed to be shipped by Amazon(not the seller) via 2 day shipping. The tracking, after 2 days, said the item was left in my mailbox but it wasn't. After calling the post office they said they delivered it to another mailbox at another address. They have been trying to retrieve the item and left a note at the person's residence, but they have not yet responded.

Amazon has refunded my money, but what I really want is the game because I've had all this headache for nothing and I just want to play this game. If they can retrieve the game from the wrong address I would gladly contact Amazon to give back the refunded money.

If the person doesn't reply how can I get back the item? What can I do if the package has been opened or discarded? I don't want to purchase another copy because I don't trust them to correctly deliver the item.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? GA

I bought a game from Amazon and it was supposed to be shipped by Amazon(not the seller) via 2 day shipping. The tracking, after 2 days, said the item was left in my mailbox but it wasn't. After calling the post office they said they delivered it to another mailbox at another address. They have been trying to retrieve the item and left a note at the person's residence, but they have not yet responded.

Amazon has refunded my money, but what I really want is the game because I've had all this headache for nothing and I just want to play this game. If they can retrieve the game from the wrong address I would gladly contact Amazon to give back the refunded money.

If the person doesn't reply how can I get back the item? What can I do if the package has been opened or discarded? I don't want to purchase another copy because I don't trust them to correctly deliver the item.
Go to Walmart?

quincy

Its an old game from 1998 so its not going to be at Walmart. Why do you think I had to go to Amazon to get it?
Your options, then, appear limited.

You received a refund. You do not trust delivery services.

Perhaps you can run an ad in your local paper asking to purchase the game from someone in your area. That way you can personally pick the item up, examine it, and pay.

There is no legal action for you to take, though, based strictly on what you have posted.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
People make mistakes. Order it again from Amazon and be happy when it arrives at your door :)

Alternatively, if available in your area, you can take advantage of the Amazon Locker service.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201530900

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">