• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Online purchase not as described - Dealer promises to replace but does not

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

n13L5

New York (location of the dealer)

Everything I say here is verifiable with the dealer's advertising on eBay and subsequent communications over email.

In November 2015, a watch dealer sold a Citizen watch to me with the following description:

"In new condition - could possibly have marks on the inside of the bracelet clasp from customers opening and closing in the store."

When I received it, it had two scratches on the face of the watch, which were deep enough, that the Steel was visible under the gold plating.

- I gave a detailed description to the dealer, took a picture under a magnifying glass and requested a replacement from the Dealer.

- The dealer agreed and asked me to send the watch back, he would replace it with one without scratches on its face.

- I waited from November to March, emailing the dealer every ~2 weeks, asking if they sent my replacement watch yet.

- The dealer's responses were always that he was waiting to receive stock, until one day, he said he couldn't get them anymore and if I wished a refund.

- But throughout the entire time from November till March, he was continually selling these watches, on eBay, with his listing claiming he had 3 in stock, 5 in stock, up and down depending on sales.
So I knew he had been lying to me and demanded he fulfill the contract he had with me.

- A couple of months later, only part of my outlay was refunded without message or comment.

Two questions now:

1) Due to travel I could not avoid, its almost a year later now (October 2016) Is it too late to get a lawyer, or can I still try the case?

2) Does the dealer have a legal obligation to provide me with a watch as described and sold to me?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Please keep your related questions in the same thread: https://forum.freeadvice.com/online-purchases-sales-87/legal-deny-customers-advertised-discount-based-payment-method-628990.html

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">