• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Online store has my money

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

wonderd

Hello I live in North Carolina. I purchased an item from an online drop shipping website, I believe they are located in NY, I live in NC. I have returned my item with tracking however they have not refunded my money. It is past 180 days so the credit card company will not let me do a charge back. What other action can I take to get my money back? They owe me $1100

Last edited:

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Hello I live in North Carolina. I purchased an item from an online drop shipping website, I believe they are located in NY, I live in NC. I have returned my item with tracking however they have not refunded my money. It is past 180 days so the credit card company will not let me do a charge back. What other action can I take to get my money back? They owe me $1100
Head over to NC and sue them.

wonderd

Would I be able to sue for travel and the cost of a lawyer? I am not sure by the time layer and travel fees add up it will be worth it for the $1100

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Would I be able to sue for travel and the cost of a lawyer? I am not sure by the time layer and travel fees add up it will be worth it for the $1100
Definitely not travel costs. If your contract with the company allows for attorney's fees to the winner of a court action, then you can sue for that. Otherwise, no.

tranquility

This is a complex problem in the modern economy. While Zigner's reverse double secret probation remedy is correct on the easiest way to sue someone, you don't have enough facts included to know where one might sue for jurisdiction.

We know where the person you want to sue is is the easiest. But, what market did they avail themselves to? Do they have enough connection to your state to accept being hailed into court there?

Using abstractions, let us know what happened. You might be able to sue them in your own state.

Edit:
But, no. Probably not travel fees.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">