• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Online trainer refusing to continue services or refund money

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

DUN202

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? GA

I purchased an online fitness training package. The trainer was not responding by agreed upon time nor was the trainer completing the coaching services as advertised. The trainer has already admitted in writing that she was not holding up her end of the bargain and wanted to start from the beginning of service. I told her I would prefer a refund since this is the second incident in a 2 week period with the same issue. She declined on the refund so I told her I would accept and start the training from the beginning. Then with no explanation she said she would not go forward with online training nor refund me my money. She is in a diff. state and will not communicate with me further. I do know this is not a scam but she does believe i do not have any recourse of action. Knowing PayPal does not off refunds. I want to know if this is something I can take to small claims in hopes of winning? I do have many email exchanges and she has acknowledged that she has been paid for 6 months of services and has only provided 2 weeks and refuses to refund me the remaining 22 weeks and is refusing to provide services for the 22 weeks. Not sure if her company is incorporated. I have find no evidence that says it is and I know that matters when failing claims out of state, which I am in Ga and she in CT.

quincy

I purchased an online fitness training package. The trainer was not responding by agreed upon time nor was the trainer completing the coaching services as advertised. The trainer has already admitted in writing that she was not holding up her end of the bargain and wanted to start from the beginning of service. I told her I would prefer a refund since this is the second incident in a 2 week period with the same issue. She declined on the refund so I told her I would accept and start the training from the beginning. Then with no explanation she said she would not go forward with online training nor refund me my money. She is in a diff. state and will not communicate with me further. I do know this is not a scam but she does believe i do not have any recourse of action. Knowing PayPal does not off refunds. I want to know if this is something I can take to small claims in hopes of winning? I do have many email exchanges and she has acknowledged that she has been paid for 6 months of services and has only provided 2 weeks and refuses to refund me the remaining 22 weeks and is refusing to provide services for the 22 weeks. Not sure if her company is incorporated. I have find no evidence that says it is and I know that matters when failing claims out of state, which I am in Ga and she in CT.
Why is the trainer refusing to provide services?

Chyvan

Knowing PayPal does not off refunds.
PayPal has a dispute process. It may not work for services, but if you used a credit card through PayPal, you still have dispute rights to get a charge back if it hasn't been too long.

quincy

... I do know this is not a scam but she does believe i do not have any recourse of action. Knowing PayPal does not off refunds ...
Here is a link to the PayPal dispute resolution process, but it is possible that there has been too long of delay by DUN202 or a credit card was not used. There has been already, apparently, two weeks worth of services provided.

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/security/resolve-disputes

I am curious why the trainer has refused to continue with the training.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">