• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Order Canceled - No explanation Given

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Eryx

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
California

Hello all,

I recently placed an order with Buy.com for computer components, and sadly the order was canceled. I placed the order last Saturday I beleive, and 5 business days later I got an email saying the order has been canceled, but the charge is still pending on my CC.

Heres what they said:
We were recently informed that item EVGA GeForce GTX 280 Super Clocked 1GB GDDR3 512-bit PCIE 2.0 SLI Supported Video Card on your order contained information that was in error. Because of this, the product has been automatically cancelled from your order.

Is there anything I can do to still recieve my order? I have a reciept and all detailing what I was buying and the price to be charged to my account. I was under the impression if you have a reciept things were official in the sense that it was a done deal, please correct me as I must be wrong here.

Thank you for your time and consideration in advance!

justalayman

I was under the impression if you have a reciept things were official in the sense that it was a done deal, please correct me as I must be wrong here.
Ok, you're wrong.

So, simply try to purchase the thing again.

Oh, I think I know; they advertised an unbelieveble low price and you want it for that price. Oh well. Mistakes are mistakes.

Now, if you had it in hand already and they wanted to charge you more you would have an arguement but since they never shipped it, there is nothing to argue.

davezan

The Internet Superstore - Company Information - Buy.com

9. No Responsibility To Sell Mispriced Products Or Services. Buy.com shall have the right to refuse or cancel any orders placed for products and/or services listed at an incorrect price, rebate or refund, or containing any other incorrect information or typographical errors. Buy.com shall have the right to refuse or cancel any such orders whether or not the order has been confirmed and your credit card charged. If your credit card has already been charged for the purchase and your order is canceled, Buy.com shall immediately issue a credit to your credit card account in the amount of the charge.
If the charge is still pending, it might drop off. You can contact Buy.com to refund that if it's
still there after maybe 72 hours and you still have the email or so saying they cancelled it,
but I really doubt you'll be able to "force" them to honor the original transaction.

Unfortunately as justalayman said, mistakes happen. It's up to each party to decide how to
fix those mistakes and deal with its (potential) results.

Eryx

If the charge is still pending, it might drop off. You can contact Buy.com to refund that if it's
still there after maybe 72 hours and you still have the email or so saying they cancelled it,
but I really doubt you'll be able to "force" them to honor the original transaction.

Unfortunately as justalayman said, mistakes happen. It's up to each party to decide how to
fix those mistakes and deal with its (potential) results.
Thanks very much for clearing up the situation for me davezan, I really appreciate it!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">