• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ordered, confirmed and shipped but wrong item shipped

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dahvaio

What is the name of your state? CA

I ordered a 2405FPW from Dell.com at the listed price of $428. I have received the following:

1: Order acceptance email with the item at $428
2: Order confirmation email with the item at $428
3: Shipping confirmation email

The item recieved was not the right model number, they sent me the 2005FPW, which is a monitor that is 4 inches smaller. All the emails that I received specifically stated that it was a 2405FPW that I was ordering.

After calling Dell they said there was a mistake and that I could do one of the following

1: Keep the 2005FPW and they will issue a $100 coupon
2: Return the 2005FPW for a full credit refund
3: Pay an additional $600 for the 2405FPW and return 2005FPW

What I am trying to figure out is if DELL is obligated to send me the 2405FPW monitor at the price that I ordered it since, all the confirmation and shipping emails were sent.

I could see them cancellling the order before they shipped due to the price error but Dell sent me the wrong item.

Is there anything I can do to have DELL honor the price since they sent me the confirmations and actually shipped a product?

Thanks,
David

You Are Guilty

dahvaio said:
What is the name of your state? CA

I ordered a 2405FPW from Dell.com at the listed price of $428. I have received the following:

1: Order acceptance email with the item at $428
2: Order confirmation email with the item at $428
3: Shipping confirmation email

The item recieved was not the right model number, they sent me the 2005FPW, which is a monitor that is 4 inches smaller. All the emails that I received specifically stated that it was a 2405FPW that I was ordering.

After calling Dell they said there was a mistake and that I could do one of the following

1: Keep the 2005FPW and they will issue a $100 coupon
2: Return the 2005FPW for a full credit refund
3: Pay an additional $600 for the 2405FPW and return 2005FPW

What I am trying to figure out is if DELL is obligated to send me the 2405FPW monitor at the price that I ordered it since, all the confirmation and shipping emails were sent.

I could see them cancellling the order before they shipped due to the price error but Dell sent me the wrong item.

Is there anything I can do to have DELL honor the price since they sent me the confirmations and actually shipped a product?

Thanks,
David
Is the 24" monitor normally priced ~$1000?

tgraf

State: California

I have the same situation. I have only been able to receive the $100 offer through e-mail and contacting them by phone yields less of result. Over the phone they will not admit their mistake, and refuse to pay for shipping to return the item.

The refurbished Dell 2405FPW usually retails for $850 - $990. Brand new, without any sales or coupons, the monitor retails for $1200.

I have e-mail confirmation echoing the order I placed with the description of "Get a refurbished Dell 2405FPW Wide Angle Flat Panel for only $428 while supplies last"

Happy Trails

2.) Payment Terms; Orders; Quotes; Interest. Payment terms are within Dell's sole discretion, and, unless otherwise agreed to by Dell, payment must be made at the time of purchase. Payment for Product may be made by credit card, wire transfer, or some other prearranged payment method. Dell may invoice parts of an order separately. Your order is subject to cancellation by Dell, at Dell's sole discretion. Unless you and Dell have agreed to a different discount, Dell's standard pricing policy for Dell-branded systems, which include both hardware and services in one discounted price, allocates the discount off list price applicable to the service portion of the system to be equal to the overall calculated percentage discount off list price on the entire system. Dell is not responsible for pricing, typographical, or other errors, in any offer by Dell and reserves the right to cancel any orders resulting from such errors.

http://www1.us.dell.com/content/topics/global.aspx/policy/en/policy?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=gen&~ck=lf&~section=012

magicfame

Happy Trails said:
2.) Payment Terms; Orders; Quotes; Interest. Payment terms are within Dell's sole discretion, and, unless otherwise agreed to by Dell, payment must be made at the time of purchase. Payment for Product may be made by credit card, wire transfer, or some other prearranged payment method. Dell may invoice parts of an order separately. Your order is subject to cancellation by Dell, at Dell's sole discretion. Unless you and Dell have agreed to a different discount, Dell's standard pricing policy for Dell-branded systems, which include both hardware and services in one discounted price, allocates the discount off list price applicable to the service portion of the system to be equal to the overall calculated percentage discount off list price on the entire system. Dell is not responsible for pricing, typographical, or other errors, in any offer by Dell and reserves the right to cancel any orders resulting from such errors.

http://www1.us.dell.com/content/topics/global.aspx/policy/en/policy?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=gen&~ck=lf&~section=012
i have the same problem as well, but the statement you bolded lets dell cancel orders because of the error. am i correct? however, in our situation, order was CONFIRMED, our CC was charged and item was SHIPPED OUT. Dell did not contact us regarding the error . Therefore by confirming and shipping it out, dell wouldnt have the right to cancel the orders due to computer error. i may be wrong? i dont know

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">