• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ownership of Equipment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

I_Need_Advice

Here is my scenario: I bought a set of earphones from eBay to use with in-ear monitors for a group I was in. The members of the group decided to kick me out three days before a show we were do to. (This is relevant to the situation as you will read below). They asked if I wanted to still perform with them, and I said I would. Because he was feeling guilty about everything, the group leader said he would reimburse me for the earphones, to which I accepted.

After the show last night, the group leader asked me for the earphones back, saying he owned them now because he gave me money for them. However, I felt that since I bought them for the express purpose of using them for the group (and I was now not going to be in the group), it was a personal expense, and he reimbursed me for my trouble. There was no agreement of any kind between him and I that his reimbursement was a purchase of the earphones.

Am I in the right?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Here is my scenario: I bought a set of earphones from eBay to use with in-ear monitors for a group I was in. The members of the group decided to kick me out three days before a show we were do to. (This is relevant to the situation as you will read below). They asked if I wanted to still perform with them, and I said I would. Because he was feeling guilty about everything, the group leader said he would reimburse me for the earphones, to which I accepted.

After the show last night, the group leader asked me for the earphones back, saying he owned them now because he gave me money for them. However, I felt that since I bought them for the express purpose of using them for the group (and I was now not going to be in the group), it was a personal expense, and he reimbursed me for my trouble. There was no agreement of any kind between him and I that his reimbursement was a purchase of the earphones.

Am I in the right?
You were paid for them by the group. They now belong to the group. Hand them over. You are wrong.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">