• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Package delivered to the wrong address. Can they keep it?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

usmdesigner

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Mississippi

I purchased something online and entered the wrong address. It was delivered to the Post Office (with my name on it but their address). They got the slip out of the po box and got the package (nov 7th)

I called the post office some days later and was told that my package was already picked up by them. I asked what I could do and they said they could leave a note letting them know to talk to them. She done that and a little girl came in and they asked her and she told them that the mother said she never got a package.

So basically they DID get the package but I am the one that paid for it already. After talking with the company, they said there is nothing they can do. The lady picked up the package but there was no signature involved.

Is there anything I can do to get my 2 items back? The company did say to let them know if I needed any proof of purchase information, because the items was purchased with my credit card.

It seems that this lady just got 2 items for free and doesn't want to return them. Do I have any way possible of getting this back if the lady doesn't want to return it? (I figure she won't now that it is 12 days later)

thanks!

usmdesigner

So how do I win when there are no signatures claiming the package. She can tell them she never got it. Sure they have the slip, but does that justify the suit?

tranquility

So how do I win when there are no signatures claiming the package. She can tell them she never got it. Sure they have the slip, but does that justify the suit?
You say it was delivered. You say it was delivered to a certain address or the party responsible for the address could claim it and you could not. Let the judge decide. This is not a sure thing, but make her claim it in court.

usmdesigner

Yeah, I'm not sure the value would justify lawyers. The 2 items cost 70$. It is for my daughter's birthday cake I was going to make for her in 2 weeks. Without the 2 items, I can't make the cake.

jiggy78

I'm sure your daughter would appreciate your effort and time spent with her far more than any particular kind of cake.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Actually the package was sent to the correct address -- the one to which you told the company to ship the package.

I purchased something online and entered the wrong address. It was delivered to the Post Office (with my name on it but their address). They got the slip out of the po box and got the package (nov 7th)
Lawyers are not normally in small claims court.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">