• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Paypal Chargeback

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mitchcorp

Recently I sold my account on an online game through an auction website and everything went smoothly, someone bought the account, I chatted with them and sent the password etc. (I have emails from the games provider proving I changed the user email and they have now changed the password) I also have emails saying that the other user did receive the account and now two months later they issued a Chargeback through Paypal saying it was unauthorized even though both emails though Paypal and the user both match and Im stuck with the $300USD bill plus another $70 in expenses when I didn't even have a chance to give Paypal the the evidence showing I don't have control of the game account any more. To top it off the user has now blocked incoming emails from my email address and I can't even try to resolve it. I've already spent the money and I can't afford to pay it back. can somebody please help, I'm in a real pickle here

Regards
Mitchcorp

racer72

It is illegal to sell or transfer something that you don't own, most if not all companies that offer online gaming specifically note in their TOS that the users do not own the characters or accounts. The big player is World of Warcraft. In theory you can't profit from something you don't own so you don't have a case.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">