• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Paypal Chargeback for $5400 for items not as described HELP PLEASE

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mramerican1

What is the name of your state - I am in FL, however the buyer is located in North Carolina

On July 20th a buyer received 150 laptops (2007 macbook). Laptops were missing hard drive and power adapters, so would require technical ability to complete to full working order. i included a few extras (15) as scrap if he needed a few extras for parts and it didnt cost extra to send those scrap parts on the skid

The terms of the sale on ebay were you must inspect all units within 3 days of receipt - Order was delivered July 18th

August 3rd the buyer says the first few laptops he received were not powering on correctly and acknowleged the extra units, i told him there is more than the 150 on the lot, if he finds any issues beyond the scrap ones just note them and contact me

Yesterday October 18th i find a credit card chargeback for the entire amount on paypal! - No communication, He still has the items! They have been heavily depreciated at this point and we are months from the original sale and even when he emailed me acknowleging that he was testing them!

The chargeback code 53 from what i was able to research

VIsa says an attempt to return the items to the seller must be made for it to even be filed (there was not)
And the chargeback day is far past the time outlined in the no DOA Policy stated!

I don't have the laptops or the money from this sale now!

But the kicker is i was able to track down his ebay seller account, he has items matching the condition and model number for sale! and hes sold doezens in the last few months!!!

My main questions are:

are there any criminal implications here?
What would or could you do in this spot? Paypal says I have 10 days torespond i have contacted them multiple times on this already giving them this information, and they have responded only with "We have received your information"

quincy

What is the name of your state - I am in FL, however the buyer is located in North Carolina

On July 20th a buyer received 150 laptops (2007 macbook). Laptops were missing hard drive and power adapters, so would require technical ability to complete to full working order. i included a few extras (15) as scrap if he needed a few extras for parts and it didnt cost extra to send those scrap parts on the skid

The terms of the sale on ebay were you must inspect all units within 3 days of receipt - Order was delivered July 18th

August 3rd the buyer says the first few laptops he received were not powering on correctly and acknowleged the extra units, i told him there is more than the 150 on the lot, if he finds any issues beyond the scrap ones just note them and contact me

Yesterday October 18th i find a credit card chargeback for the entire amount on paypal! - No communication, He still has the items! They have been heavily depreciated at this point and we are months from the original sale and even when he emailed me acknowleging that he was testing them!

The chargeback code 53 from what i was able to research

VIsa says an attempt to return the items to the seller must be made for it to even be filed (there was not)
And the chargeback day is far past the time outlined in the no DOA Policy stated!

I don't have the laptops or the money from this sale now!

But the kicker is i was able to track down his ebay seller account, he has items matching the condition and model number for sale! and hes sold doezens in the last few months!!!

My main questions are:

are there any criminal implications here?
What would or could you do in this spot? Paypal says I have 10 days torespond i have contacted them multiple times on this already giving them this information, and they have responded only with "We have received your information"
You are not having much success with your online sales, are you? See: https://forum.freeadvice.com/consumer-contracts-guarantees-warranties-22/i-am-seller-ebay-case-found-my-favor-buyer-does-chargeback-629087.html

The options you have here are the same as they were with your other chargeback.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">