• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Paypal froze my account

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lacysea

New York

Hi all,

I have been selling on Ebay for 8 years as I am disabled and I need this money to pay for my medicine, doctors, etc.

I sold an item to a buyer in the U.K. and she e-mails me that that item arrived broken. She did "not" want insurance. Anyway, she e-mails me that she used glue on the item and she tampered with it.

Then she returns it to me without telling me. She then put in a complaint with Paypal and after corresponding with Paypal for over 3 weeks, Paypal took her side because they stated I did not provide a "valid" tracking number. I did provide a "tracking number" since I sent the package Registered Mail.

I also said to Paypal "if she didn't receive the package then how did she return it to me?"

I am so upset and I don't know what to do. My account is frozen and I can't sell on Ebay.

Please help!
Lacysea

lacysea

Update on Paypal

From New York

Well, I filed a complaint with the FTC and I was told I should also file a complaint with Small Claims Court since I have all the original Postal Receipts and I have this Buyer's e-mails stating that she tampered with the item.

The Buyer stated that she used glue but it didn't hold.

This was an expensive item of $500.00 and it was in Mint Condition when I shipped it.

The Buyer also e-mailed me that she will get reimbursed from her American Express Card no matter what.

Is this a Scam or what?

janedoe23

You can still sell on Ebay. Your only payment options will have to be personal checks or money orders.

When someone files a claim with Paypal and the amount is over $100 they automatically take the amount out of the sellers account. The money is not returned to the buyer until the investigation is complete which could take 3 months.

Sometimes when credit card disputes over $100 happens sellers tend to think they lost the claim and in some cases this is not the case. If you look under the claims history it might say something about that claim being in dispute. It takes Paypal FOREVER to process claims and you could possibly get your money refunded in a couple of months. Paypal also has an option where you can also fax in more evidence if needed. So in your case you should be faxing over a copy of yur postal receipt and any emails that was sent between you and the buyer.

lacysea

Suing Paypal in Small Claims

From New York

Hi Janedoe,

Paypal settled the case after I appealed it in the buyer's favor. It didn't take 3 months, it took 4 weeks for some reason. I gave Paypal the tracking number and they still closed the dispute in the Buyer's favor. Paypal took some money out of my account but not all because I was able to remove the funds before the buyer put in the Complaint.

--------------

I just returned from Small Claims Court to file a lawsuit against Paypal and the New York Court told me I had to file where Paypal is located, is that true?

According to NYState Law, I read that I can file where I reside.

Now I am confused.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">