• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Paypal reversed Payment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

nikefiz

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? IL

Sold a compound bow online in a "classifieds" forum for $700 and buyer paid with PayPal.
Buyer left positive feedback and I thought we were done. Two weeks later $680 comes out of my account and I
look into it and buyer apparently asked for a partial refund of $680 because the item was significantly not as described.
I rarely check my paypal email account and missed the time frame to put my side of the story on the table( 10 days ). I called PayPal and they
said they would look into it, but it's been over a week and I havn't heard anything more.
The buyer lives 22 hours away. Any ideas as to what can be done ? The bow was in excellent shape and the buyers feedback reflected that when he left his feedback for me.
This is basically theft right ? Surely he can't keep the bow and the money?!
Help! what are my options?

quincy

... I called PayPal and they said they would look into it, but it's been over a week and I havn't heard anything more. ... Any ideas as to what can be done ? ...
You could wait to hear back from PayPal.

The $680 seems more than just a "partial" refund if you sold the bow for $700.

(as a note, your user name will be censored in posts because it is a trademark for an item that is often counterfeited, with the counterfeits advertised in spam postings - hence the ****)

Last edited:

OHRoadwarrior

One of the recent complaints I have heard is that you receive a response the payment was reversed through their credit issuer. Further investigation reveals the credit issuer is in fact Bill Me Later. Not that a conflict of interest exists in the decision.

Astrolink

Sold a compound bow online in a "classifieds" forum for $700 and buyer paid with PayPal.
Buyer left positive feedback and I thought we were done. Two weeks later $680 comes out of my account and I
look into it and buyer apparently asked for a partial refund of $680 because the item was significantly not as described.
I rarely check my paypal email account and missed the time frame to put my side of the story on the table( 10 days ). I called PayPal and they
said they would look into it, but it's been over a week and I havn't heard anything more.
The buyer lives 22 hours away. Any ideas as to what can be done ? The bow was in excellent shape and the buyers feedback reflected that when he left his feedback for me.
This is basically theft right ? Surely he can't keep the bow and the money?!
Help! what are my options?
My response isn't a legal one as I am not an attorney, but I've used and dealt with Paypal since the 90's.

Your buyer didn't ask for a full refund because that would require they send the item back. By asking for a partial refund, even 1 cent less than the selling price, they keep the item if you agree or don't object within Paypal's 10 day window to do so.

My experience with Paypal is they don't bend from their policies. Good luck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">