• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

PayPal Seller offers refund after 120 days

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

llim5432

Hi

I bought a dedicated server from GlowNode on 7th December 2015 for $60USD as it was cheap, however my server got suspended for 5 days due to problems on their side and I decided to give them another chance. They then put me on another server, erasing all my data.

However, on the 21st December 2015, the server got suspended again and this time, everything was lost again. They said all their servers has been suspended due to a network problem and all data was not recoverable. I requested for a refund and they told me that they do not have enough funds to provide refunds for everyone and I will only receive my refund on the 5th of April 2016? 120 days after initial payment.

How will I be able to get my money back ASAP? Can I file a chargeback/dispute and will I be able to win it? What should I do?

The seller said "Attempting chargeback won't do much. If you do attempt a chargeback I'm simply going to refuse to refund you when April comes."

Please help!
Thanks

llim5432

Have not contacted them

Thank you for replying!! I have not contacted them yet and will do so tomorrow since I just found out 30minutes after PayPal's hotline operating hours ended in my country. Therefore I am asking here. Is there any guidelines for period of refund? So right now I do not have what I paid for and have to wait 120 days, 5th of April for my money to be back. I got scammed? They also threatened me to not make a chargeback or I will not receive a refund if I fail my chargeback therefore I need some advice on this before I do anything more.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">