• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Phone Scam

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

xylene

To which this 'error' should be corrected by the retailer accepting the return of the phone without a restocking fee.

The 35% restocking fee is the scam.

quincy

To which this 'error' should be corrected by the retailer accepting the return of the phone without a restocking fee.

The 35% restocking fee is the scam.
I agree. The store should accept the return of the phone for a full refund OR accept the return of the phone and replace it with what maa502 asked for and expected to get in the box he was handed.

If the store refuses or attempts to add on additional charges, that is the time to take legal action.

If you are suggesting that maa502 stop payment on the phone he purchased and has in his possession, I do not recommend that at all.
I am suggesting that some credit card companies offer "insurance" (for lack of a better word) and may be able to help him to get what he paid for.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">