• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Photocopy of USPS return label

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Driver100WM

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Maryland

I bought an item from an eBay seller in California that turned out to be defective. However the seller emailed me a photocopy of USPS shipping label for return. I'm aware USPS has this warning, "Photocopying or counterfeiting of US Postage is punishable by fine or imprisonment. 18 U.S.C. Section 501". The item is only $20, but I still need the full refund with the seller paying the return shipping which is what the seller seems to have agreed. Do I call eBay customer service about this? It seems like trusting the seller with the refund may not be the best thing to do. Could you advise? Thank you.

OHRoadwarrior

Ask the PO if it is okay to use. Seller has an account and gets a discount on charges. Never used one via USPS though, only UPS.

racer72

As long as the 20 digit tracking number has never been used, the label should be good. I have emailed shipping labels a couple times as part of my Ebay business and never had any issues.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">