• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Please advise regarding unfulfilled online service

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A_K

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? IL

Hey.
on the 30th of may i joined a dating site for a trial period of 1 month.
about 1 hour later I logged in and got an error message saying my profile is unavailable, i called their costumer support and they told me i should give it another hour and it will be ready. the next day i logged in and got the same error message. i called costumer support again and the lady told me they know about the problem and working on fixing it and that i should give it a couple more days, i was also told they will add 2 days to my subscription time. 3 days later i got the same error and called them again, the lady said they are still working on it and if i want, i can give them all the information that i want to write in my profile and they will do it for me, i didn't want to do that and told her i will wait until they fix it. today, about 1 week after the last call, still getting the same error message, i called again and told them i want my money back. the guy said it's not possible and the only thing he can do for me is write all of my information himself, of course i didn't want to do it. i kept insisting on getting my money back but it was like talking to the wall, he kept saying he can't do anything for me except for entering the details himself.

any advice? this is a well known site and i feel scammed.

thanks in advance!

justalayman

if the only issue is you cannot input the information for your profile and they have offered to do that for you, you really do not have a claim for a refund.

You can refer to the terms of service. It may provide you some direction for situations such as this.

A_K

i find it quite strange i should be contacting them for every little change i want to make in my profile, i didn't mind waiting for them to fix it but it seems like an ongoing problem that they can't fix.

in case they don't mention anything about it in their terms of service, is that still not a claim for a refund?

thank you

justalayman

Not sure why you would need to make constant changes to your profile and presumably they will fix the issue.

would you have signed up if you had to give your info to a representative and they put it into your profile? Seriously, what is the difference whether it is put in instantly by your key stroke or they type it in for you?

Unless they are providing you less than what you contracted for, you have no claim for a refund.

A_K

if i knew i had to give that information to someone to do it for me, i wouldn't have sign up in the first place.
perhaps i don't feel comfortable letting someone else doing it for me.

you're the expert, if you say there's no refund claim, i guess i should take your word for that.
still find it quite frustrating.

single317dad

Did you pay for the membership with a credit or debit card? If so, dispute the charge and let the card issuer sort out the facts. Be aware that if you do this you'll likely be barred from rejoining the site in the future.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">