• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Please help! Am I obligated to pay?!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

samson21

To anyone who reads this, many thanks. Here is my current dillema. I'm a guitarist and last November (2011) I put in an order for a custom built guitar from a luthier (guitar maker). We spoke frequently, we exchanged numbers, email, etc. He got down all the specs I wanted for the guitar and told me to call/text him whenever I wanted. He also promised no more than a 5 month build time, that he would have it done at or before May, that he would be sending me pics throughout the process, and that half way through the build, I could drive down, see what he's completed and that we would together design a few last pieces. I paid a $500 deposit and all was well for the first few months. I'd call or text him whenever I wanted to tell him something regarding the guitar and he would reply quickly. After three months, all communication died. He stopped answering my calls and texts and all that he promised never came to be. Fast forward to now, its been 8 months, I have no guitar, and I have heard nothing from him, and he still won't answer my calls and texts. Some people have said I should sue him and while I want my $500 back, I have a lot going on in my life and I don't want the guitar at all anymore, I want this whole thing behind me, this has been a horrible experience and I've never had such bad service before. His website is up and running so he's alive.

I have no written contract or anything. All I have is a reciept for the deposit which states underneath Item: $500 depsosit for (my name), underneath Description: $500 deposit for (my name) for a 6-string guitar, total sum of guitar is $3100. Reciept has my name, address, phone number, and email as well. All I want to know, am i obligated to pay for the whole guitar should he call me up in the coming months telling me its done, just based off the info on the receipt? Thanks everybody!

LdiJ

To anyone who reads this, many thanks. Here is my current dillema. I'm a guitarist and last November (2011) I put in an order for a custom built guitar from a luthier (guitar maker). We spoke frequently, we exchanged numbers, email, etc. He got down all the specs I wanted for the guitar and told me to call/text him whenever I wanted. He also promised no more than a 5 month build time, that he would have it done at or before May, that he would be sending me pics throughout the process, and that half way through the build, I could drive down, see what he's completed and that we would together design a few last pieces. I paid a $500 deposit and all was well for the first few months. I'd call or text him whenever I wanted to tell him something regarding the guitar and he would reply quickly. After three months, all communication died. He stopped answering my calls and texts and all that he promised never came to be. Fast forward to now, its been 8 months, I have no guitar, and I have heard nothing from him, and he still won't answer my calls and texts. Some people have said I should sue him and while I want my $500 back, I have a lot going on in my life and I don't want the guitar at all anymore, I want this whole thing behind me, this has been a horrible experience and I've never had such bad service before. His website is up and running so he's alive.

I have no written contract or anything. All I have is a reciept for the deposit which states underneath Item: $500 depsosit for (my name), underneath Description: $500 deposit for (my name) for a 6-string guitar, total sum of guitar is $3100. Reciept has my name, address, phone number, and email as well. All I want to know, am i obligated to pay for the whole guitar should he call me up in the coming months telling me its done, just based off the info on the receipt? Thanks everybody!
Send him a certified letter that you are cancelling the order as he did not deliver by the promised deadline, and that you want your $500.00 back.

Simon Hale

I know there is no option to meet him and ask him that how you can contact him. You can do one thing that you can post your review and tell that what exactly he did with you. When other customer will see his website then they will not purchase product from that website.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">