• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Prepaid for an event online. Charged an additional fee when I arrived at event.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ldalxndr

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

I paid for an event in my area online. When I arrived I was charged an additional fee for the event. The group in question is non-profit, so I didn't mind paying it, besides being a bad practice, I am concerned this group might also run into some legal issues. Is that legal?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

I paid for an event in my area online. When I arrived I was charged an additional fee for the event. The group in question is non-profit, so I didn't mind paying it, besides being a bad practice, I am concerned this group might also run into some legal issues. Is that legal?
Based on the wealth of information we have available, the only sure answer is maybe. I'll even go out on a limb and say probably.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">