• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Purchase

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Miter

California

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CALIF.

I attended an event that had a slide show with many old images. At the beginning they announced the DVD would be available for purchase. There would be a card with info at the end of the meeting. There was a professional photographer that made this DVD. The DVD slide show had many family photos of me, and my immediate family mixed in with many other family images.

I asked the photographer if I can buy DVD, she said she was hired by a certain person and "she" would not sell it to me. She said "XYZ" who hired her, has the purchase cards (XYZ hired the photographer). When asked the purchase cards not brought to the event.

We later, contacted XYZ and she referred me to another.... After being directed to several people - it feels like a cat/mouse game.

We were unaware that our photos were to be put on the DVD - and did not authorize that those images of me --to be sold to people.

Shouldn't I be able to purchase the DVD?
Am I able ask the photographer who is making the DVD's to have my images removed?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
California

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CALIF.

I attended an event that had a slide show with many old images. At the beginning they announced the DVD would be available for purchase. There would be a card with info at the end of the meeting. There was a professional photographer that made this DVD. The DVD slide show had many family photos of me, and my immediate family mixed in with many other family images.

I asked the photographer if I can buy DVD, she said she was hired by a certain person and "she" would not sell it to me. She said "XYZ" who hired her, has the purchase cards (XYZ hired the photographer). When asked the purchase cards not brought to the event.

We later, contacted XYZ and she referred me to another.... After being directed to several people - it feels like a cat/mouse game.

We were unaware that our photos were to be put on the DVD - and did not authorize that those images of me --to be sold to people.

Shouldn't I be able to purchase the DVD?
Am I able ask the photographer who is making the DVD's to have my images removed?

Duplicate post https://forum.freeadvice.com/consumer-contracts-guarantees-warranties-22/dvd-produced-access-sale-question-575126.html

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">