• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Purchased Stolen Airline Credit Unknowingly

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Bezzerck

What is the name of your state? Purchase occurred in California, I am from Idaho

I purchased some Airline credit from Southwest Airlines from a gentleman on craigslist.com. I used approximately $900 of it and sold some of it because I no longer had to travel due to job constraints.
Approximately 4 months after the purchase I was found out that the Airline credit was purchased fraudulantely. I immediately contacted the people that I sold that airline tickets to and returned their money and started trying to track down the person that sold me the tickets.
Southwest Airlines has now contacted me and insisted that I pay them for the flights that I took on the fraudulantly purchased airline tickets.
I would like to know what my rights are? I think that it is Southwest Airlines responsibility to track down the person who committed fraud and not myself who was innocent in the whole matter. I feel that I have already paid for the tickets and that I shouldn't have to do it again.

Please let me know how to respond before Southwest Airlines reports me to creditors and ruins my credit.

Thank you

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">