• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

recieved more than one item

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

edmez

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Oregon
I ordered a rug from groupon and was sent 2. First one then another one received a few days later. They want me to ship the second one back. I have since started using it as it's under my pool table. Their shipping error was well over a month ago and just now they want it back or they will charge my credit card. What are my legal obligations since I had only ordered one of these items?

justalayman

apparently it was a mistake. You do not get to keep it for free and since have used it, paying for it would be a good idea. If you hadn't used it, you could have returned it, at their shipping costs of course.

sandyclaus

Tell them that you will be happy to ship the duplicate item back at their expense (have them issue a prepaid shipping label for that). But if you would rather keep the 2nd rug, then you need to be prepared to pay for it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">