• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Recovering stolen goods

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

balthozar2001

Ohio, My cousin sold things that were my Dad's stored in my brothers basement without my Dad knowing. The cousin thought he could keep all the money. Can we do something or is he going to get away? He got over $1200.00 worth of stuff.

Yertle8

Kind of confusing. Were the items stored without your dad's knowlege or were they sold without his knowlege? Both? Either your brother or your dad should sue your cousin in small claims.

xylene

Add - your dad should sue for the VALUE or the goods or the money they were improperly sold for, whichever is GREATER.

balthozar2001

Add - your dad should sue for the VALUE or the goods or the money they were improperly sold for, whichever is GREATER.
Will we have to provide ownership details? We own legally but the items were bought as a bulk package 7 yrs ago. We have the paperwork or receipt. Can we confiscate items he bought with the money? He lives with my brother where the items were stored, which is a really uncomfortable living situation for my brother and his wife. My cousin is to be out of the house by OCT 1st. He should have thrown him out immediately, but we are not sure if that is possible.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">