• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Refund run-around

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

FOM

I live in Michigan and ordered from an online company in Illinois back in February 2016. They shipped me a similar product to what I ordered but it was not exactly what I ordered. Soon after receiving it, I sent an email to the company asking for a refund and was told I had to ship it back and upon receiving the items in good condition I would be given a full refund.

It is now October 2016 and several emails back and forth asking and wondering where my refund is I get an email with a new requirement which forces me to go through some third-party company called Authorize.net which seems awfully convenient for this online company but just another hurdle for me after 8 months of begging them to honor their word and give me back my $113. They have their product back in inventory and still have my money after 8 months.

I would like to know what my legal rights are in this case and am I entitled to anything beyond the $113 for the aggravation and lost potential interest on the $113. I know it's not a lot of money to some people but it is to me and my family. At this point I would like to see this company legally held to account for what I think is willful stalling hoping I will just go away.

Thanks in advance for any helpful advice.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">