• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Refund on websites

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rickbb

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Wisconsin is my state. In 2008 my wife and me received a invitation to go to a seminar to build websites to sell different products. Perhaps you know who "Stores online" is . They first of all oversold us. We were sure naïve I must say. We bought 6 sites and paid approx. $8,000.00 for them. I just found out there was a class action suit from a group of people like me that has already ended with me to late to participate. My purchase of these websites is now 5 years old. I did get one site going back in 2009. Never made anything on it. I want a refund. On all or part of my purchase. Can I still get a refund? If so I need a lawyer. Do I have a case? Con you suggest a lawyer?
Thanks in advance!
rickbb

sandyclaus

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Wisconsin is my state. In 2008 my wife and me received a invitation to go to a seminar to build websites to sell different products. Perhaps you know who "Stores online" is . They first of all oversold us. We were sure naïve I must say. We bought 6 sites and paid approx. $8,000.00 for them. I just found out there was a class action suit from a group of people like me that has already ended with me to late to participate. My purchase of these websites is now 5 years old. I did get one site going back in 2009. Never made anything on it. I want a refund. On all or part of my purchase. Can I still get a refund? If so I need a lawyer. Do I have a case? Con you suggest a lawyer?
Thanks in advance!
rickbb
Unless you can prove fraud, you have no grounds to demand or expect a refund from these people.

There's never a guarantee of success in ANY business, so just because you never made any money isn't necessarily a reflection of liability against the company you purchased from. Quite frankly, a lot of these kinds of businesses sell you the basics and expect you to do the work to get them off the ground. If you don't put in a lot of effort, or you underestimate what it really takes to get an online store going, you're done before you've started.

You can certainly discuss the situation with an attorney, but I wouldn't get your hopes up. If the statute of limitations hasn't already run out (that would be based on where the company is located, not where you are), it would probably cost you more than your $8,000 investment without a guarantee of getting a dime from these people.

swalsh411

I gave you the only relevant answer to your question. You would need to sue them, and prove fraud. The SoL on contracts (and fraud for that matter) is 6 years in your State, assuming you signed the contract in your State.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">