• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Reguired assistance, want a refund - company not responding at all

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

DaliborS

Hello,
my name is Dalibor Skaln�k. I will try to be brief.
I am from the Czech republic and I bought online a French course from an american company, according to their website thay are based in California and they state on their web that I can ask for a refund in case I am not happy with the product (60 Day Money Back Guarantee). After about one week of intensive work with the course I discovered problems with playing audio, I wrote to them but they did not respond (more than a week). I also posted about these problems on their forum, apart from one user, I did not get any response from a admin, moderator, from anybody from the company (the forum is strangely guiet).
In the light of small issues I encountered mostly about how the course is structured and designed and when the problems with audio did not get any better and because I did not have any answer from them I decided to ask for a refund (the request was sent on August 20th). I will wait and try to contact them for another week, in case they do not respond, I even might consider taking some other action, what are my options?
I am from EU and I know that if they had been from EU it would have been be easier, but as I wrote they are from CA. Theoretically, could I sue them or what action coulld I take in order to get the money back? At least I would like to know what I could do in order to put some pressure on them. Any advice will be appreciated. It is not about big money, although 150 dollars is not nothing. I still hope they are going to respond during the upcoming week, if not, I will know it is a scam for sure.

Proserpina

Hello,
my name is Dalibor Skaln�k. I will try to be brief.
I am from the Czech republic and I bought online a French course from an american company, according to their website thay are based in California and they state on their web that I can ask for a refund in case I am not happy with the product (60 Day Money Back Guarantee). After about one week of intensive work with the course I discovered problems with playing audio, I wrote to them but they did not respond (more than a week). I also posted about these problems on their forum, apart from one user, I did not get any response from a admin, moderator, from anybody from the company (the forum is strangely guiet).
In the light of small issues I encountered mostly about how the course is structured and designed and when the problems with audio did not get any better and because I did not have any answer from them I decided to ask for a refund (the request was sent on August 20th). I will wait and try to contact them for another week, in case they do not respond, I even might consider taking some other action, what are my options?
I am from EU and I know that if they had been from EU it would have been be easier, but as I wrote they are from CA. Theoretically, could I sue them or what action coulld I take in order to get the money back? At least I would like to know what I could do in order to put some pressure on them. Any advice will be appreciated. It is not about big money, although 150 dollars is not nothing. I still hope they are going to respond during the upcoming week, if not, I will know it is a scam for sure.

Unfortunately you're going to have to sue them in California - and that's likely going to cost you far more than the money you've lost.

DaliborS

Unfortunately you're going to have to sue them in California - and that's likely going to cost you far more than the money you've lost.
Thank you, I thought so. It makes me so angry, companies can these days sell worldwide online content with very little cost, but I as a consumer I have so limited options when it comes to sorting out problems like this, and they know it and it suits them.
Before I bought this course I was quite careful and I searched the web for any info aboud bad experience with this company, but I could find none - well, one cannot be too careful.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">