• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Revenge

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

LB1

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? AR
Someone I know subscribed to some questionable magazines in someone else's name (online), can they be prosecuted?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? AR
Someone I know subscribed to some questionable magazines in someone else's name (online), can they be prosecuted?
What did the police say?

LB1

I'm embarrassed for them, never thought it was a good idea, as it turns out, they just asked for information from these less than savory websites, didn't actually subscribe to anything.

KingFahad

Re Revenge

Revenge is a dish best served cold-yet consumes everyone in its path.
What comes around goes around.
Your friend will live through the embarrassment.

Legally its probably not worth chasing.:(

So your friend, say his name is Roger, signed up online for a magazine using the name Fred. Yeah, and I'm the queen of England.

This person didn't attempt to use your friend's credit card or anything to pay for it, right? Just used his name? People use false names all the time online. As long as there was no attempt to defame or cause any sort of loss, then simply signing up for a magazine using a false name is nothing.

Signed,
HRH the Queen of England

LB1

That's a relief, thanks for your replies. So far no repurcussions, but I lost a little respect for this person, thought he was above all that, even tho the other individual was malicious and attacked without cause. My friend was forced into early retirement (at a lower rate) after 29 years of impeccable service. O well, their loss!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">