• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

A sale in Principle

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

gonzales1p

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California. hello. Well I have a classic 66' chevy for sale . A guy from Hawaii had told me If I would sell it to him, I agreed. He asked some questions and address and stuff like that, and then had told me that he had the shipping. after he asked if it had wipers and a horn. I had told him no. He said he would buy it if they worked. Then I had told him I would only fix if he purchased the car. He said its a done deal. So I put the car in the shop had it all done and then he was happy. That was this past sat. Now comes sunday and he was like" Did the shippers call you" I was like no. Then at 7:00 am my time he texts me and says he has to back out. I was fuming. Is there any way I can hold him to at least help pay for the work done that he request?? I was mad at that , not the sale necessary.

sandyclaus

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California. hello. Well I have a classic 66' chevy for sale . A guy from Hawaii had told me If I would sell it to him, I agreed. He asked some questions and address and stuff like that, and then had told me that he had the shipping. after he asked if it had wipers and a horn. I had told him no. He said he would buy it if they worked. Then I had told him I would only fix if he purchased the car. He said its a done deal. So I put the car in the shop had it all done and then he was happy. That was this past sat. Now comes sunday and he was like" Did the shippers call you" I was like no. Then at 7:00 am my time he texts me and says he has to back out. I was fuming. Is there any way I can hold him to at least help pay for the work done that he request?? I was mad at that , not the sale necessary.
You should have put your agreement in writing. A verbal "agreement in principle" is unlikely to hold up in court based on the information you have provided. There's just too much missing to make it an effective agreement.

Look at it this way - now that the car is working, you should be able to sell it for more than you could have gotten before.

gonzales1p

sale

You should have put your agreement in writing. A verbal "agreement in principle" is unlikely to hold up in court based on the information you have provided. There's just too much missing to make it an effective agreement.

Look at it this way - now that the car is working, you should be able to sell it for more than you could have gotten before.
Tru .. thanks for the response .. Lesson learned

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">