• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Scammed out of $10,000

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lpxxfaintxx

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

Hi,

I have recently purchased a website on an internet auction. However, the site was sold off of fake screenshots, overexaggeration, and just plain dishonest statements. The owner of the website lives in India, but the broker lives in Washington. Are there any actions I can take?

Thank you.

acmb05

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

Hi,

I have recently purchased a website on an internet auction. However, the site was sold off of fake screenshots, overexaggeration, and just plain dishonest statements. The owner of the website lives in India, but the broker lives in Washington. Are there any actions I can take?

Thank you.
You didn't think to check this company out before investing 10k into it to see if it was legit? The "broker" is probably a fake person and does not exist. You can probably kiss that money good bye.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">