• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Small Claims? Internet agreement fraud.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

PinkyKarla

What is the name of your state (IL)?

6 months ago I made a agreement with a colleague over the internet to pay $500 for training and instruction on jewelry fabrication. Shortly afterward, this person offered me a long list of equipment, supplies and unfinished jewelry for $800. I sent him the money and eventually grew tired of numerous false promises to train me or send me goods, and the seller (in October) told me he would not train me or sell me the stuff we agreed upon and that he would refund my money.

Since that time he has sent inflammatory emails to my boss, bad-mouthed me to my colleagues, and sent me NO money. He moved to a new state and job and I have been trying to work with his boss to retrieve my money. Earlier this week he sent me a "pending" payment for $100, which I have been unable to retrieve, along with additional name calling and profanity. I just want my money back. I have all the online correspondence copied and it clearly shows that we had an agreement. How do I get my money back when he is in Maryland and I am in Illinois?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">