• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Sold Item Using EBAY/PAYPAL; Lost Dispute

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jaffy

What is the name of your state? TEXAS

I sold something on EBAY and accepted payment from PAYPAL. I sent the package using USPS and have a delivery confirmation. The buyer said that the package never arrived and filed a PAYPAL dispute. I provided PAYPAL with the delivery confirmation but still lost the dispute and the money was taken out of my account. PAYPAL quoted its policy that states that I had to have a signature confirmation for sales over $250. Is PAYPAL's decision final? Can I sue? Who do I sue? PAYPAL? The buyer?

jaffy

So PAYPAL's decision is not binding and I should sue the buyer? The USPS report said the item was delivered and left on the porch. Since it was technically delivered they would not reimburse via the insurance. I have no idea if the buyer ever saw the package or not. For all I know somebody stole it or he actually has it and is scamming me. But he is the one who chose the shipping method. He could have paid more for signature confirmation but chose not to. I did my part and now I have to pay the price according to PAYPAL.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I didn't say you would win...
You have to prove by a preponderance of the evidence that you fulfilled your part of the contract...
No, a private company's decision to refund money is not binding.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">