• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Sold items and person wants money back after five months and still owed me money

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

JLaw11

I sold items in a private sale to someone five months ago. They have paid me more than half and now want me to return the money because they say they items are not in good enough condition and they want there money back. I have a payment plan with this person has been followed the past few months. This person is the items I sold in storage and do not want them back. They were sold in good faith as used and not new. The person saw this items and agreed to make and has made the payments. The person was in Afghanistan so I could not get a signature but she did reply stating that her mother would be making payments. I am not to concerned but she is telling me she is getting a lawyer because she wants her money back. I feel as though I am being threatened and want to know if I should be worried. It does not sound like legally a person can ask for the money back at this point and also this person still owed me money for the remaining amount. What should I so?

swalsh411

Of course you can get sued but based on what you have posted they won't win. They are just claiming this as an excuse not to pay the rest.

Anyway, I would forget about getting the rest of the money you are owed. Next time don't agree to any sort of payment nonsense especially with people who aren't local and you don't know. You're just begging to get ripped off.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">