• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ticket Agency: Computer Glitch?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

benjones385

I live in Alabama, but was going to Atlanta, GA for a professional UFC match. I ordered (10) tickets through Ticketmaster for $54.00 each...Total was $540.00 plus service charge, which they label as convienence charge. I purchased the tickets in early March, around the 10th. The email confirmation stated my seats were in a certain section, row and seats 2-11.

I received my credit card statement in the mail yesterday, and it shows a charge of $4,152.50 to Ticketmaster. I called Ticketmaster, gave them my receipt number. The operator said there was a computer glitch in their system, and that the $54.00, the $84.50, and the $129.00 tickets were SOLD OUT. The only tickets left were the $404.00 tickets they sold me! The glitch she said labeled all seats at $54.00 (how is that my fault?)

I did not agree to pay for $400 tickets. Ticketmaster will not refund my money.

What can I do legally? Am I stuck with the bill?

****I was going to pick the tickets up at will-call.

Antigone*

I live in Alabama, but was going to Atlanta, GA for a professional UFC match. I ordered (10) tickets through Ticketmaster for $54.00 each...Total was $540.00 plus service charge, which they label as convienence charge. I purchased the tickets in early March, around the 10th. The email confirmation stated my seats were in a certain section, row and seats 2-11.

I received my credit card statement in the mail yesterday, and it shows a charge of $4,152.50 to Ticketmaster. I called Ticketmaster, gave them my receipt number. The operator said there was a computer glitch in their system, and that the $54.00, the $84.50, and the $129.00 tickets were SOLD OUT. The only tickets left were the $404.00 tickets they sold me! The glitch she said labeled all seats at $54.00 (how is that my fault?)

I did not agree to pay for $400 tickets. Ticketmaster will not refund my money.

What can I do legally? Am I stuck with the bill?

****I was going to pick the tickets up at will-call.
dispute the charges with your credit card company.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">