• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Traded a pair of used shoes, sent as gift, now he wants to trade back.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

hurhur

I don't know where to ask, so I'm asking here.

Story:

I traded a pair of used shoes for a smaller size on a forum. We contacted through private messaging on the forum and got the trade done quickly.

We both shipped the same day. I did not mention any damages on the shoes because the trade went quite quickly and he did not ask about the trade, but I did state it as used shoes on the shipping details and sent it out as a gift, so did he.

Now, he said he wants the shoes traded back because of the damages and will contact my local police if it is not done.

I am located in Singapore and he in Scotland.

Please advice. Is there any law binding contract or anything that he can do which will get me into trouble?

Please advice asap as I do not want to get into trouble with the law and will trade back if I am wrong.

Last edited:

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I don't know where to ask, so I'm asking here.

Story:

I traded a pair of used shoes for a smaller size on a forum. We contacted through private messaging on the forum and got the trade done quickly.

We both shipped the same day. I did not mention any damages on the shoes because the trade went quite quickly and he did not ask about the trade, but I did state it as used shoes on the shipping details and sent it out as a gift, so did he.

Now, he said he wants the shoes traded back because of the damages and will contact my local police if it is not done.

I am located in Singapore and he in Scotland.

Please advice. Is there any law binding contract or anything that he can do which will get me into trouble?

Please advice asap as I do not want to get into trouble with the law and will trade back if I am wrong.
Sorry, this forum is for US law only.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">