• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What can I do with ebay buyer?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jasonzsjy

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? MA

Hi everyone, I am a college student and I sell my toys on Ebay. The thing is I sold a item(Remote control car) to buyer, the buyer dispute me. He said the item doesn't match the description. I list everything it include but I did not say the transmitter is include. He ask for the transmitter after I shipped item to him through massages. He was asking what kind of remote I have, and I said" the transmitter is the best...xxxxxxxxxxx..", but I did not say the transmitter is include, even he did not say he want the transmitter. That is mean, he think the transmitter is include but it is not. And now, paypal held my money. He want additional item. My question is what should I do? Can I law suit him if ebay on his side? He said the item doesn't match the description. BUT, in the description, I did not list transmitter. I really need someone help. I am new on Ebay. Thanks

OHRoadwarrior

When the terms of a contract are ambiguous, they are generally decided against the person who made them. Further, Ebay and Paypal carry a big stick, which I believe is about to come down on you hard if you do not make this right.

mmmagique

"He was asking what kind of remote I have, and I said" the transmitter is the best...xxxxxxxxxxx..", but I did not say the transmitter is include, even he did not say he want the transmitter."

It sounds to me as if you led the buyer to believe he would be getting that remote. You may not have said it in so many words, but you def. implied it. You should send it to him, or expect him to get his money back.

jasonzsjy

"He was asking what kind of remote I have, and I said" the transmitter is the best...xxxxxxxxxxx..", but I did not say the transmitter is include, even he did not say he want the transmitter."

It sounds to me as if you led the buyer to believe he would be getting that remote. You may not have said it in so many words, but you def. implied it. You should send it to him, or expect him to get his money back.
well, if people want to buy something and they have to say it"I want xxxxx...". He did not say that, I don't understand why I have to give him additional items.

FlyingRon

Your English is hard to understand. The answer is that your item is NOT as described. Your best bet, if you haven't shipped, is to "mutually agree not to sell". If you have shipped, tell him to return the item and you'll refund. Be sure to follow the paypal procedures.

mmmagique

I remember on Judge Judy once a girl was putting up pictures of computers and other expensive items. In her listings she specifically said that they were bidding on a picture of whatever item it was. She tried that argument in front of Judge Judy (it could have been any sane judge) and of course, it didn't fly. When you're being shady, expect to be called on it, and have to pay the price. You don't "win" just because you double talk your customer(s).

OHRoadwarrior

I remember one where this bozo listed a van. As it was nearby, I went to look at it. Turns out it was not running and had not run for a year. He neglected to mention that in the auction.

swalsh411

Is it common to sell an RC car without a transmitter? I would think not but I don't know for sure. Wouldn't that be like selling a "box" and failing to mention that the top was not included?

If I was buying a car, and asked the seller what kind of tires and he said "firestones" and then I learned the car didn't come with tires, I would be very angry.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member

Hi everyone, I am a college student and I sell my toys on Ebay. The thing is I sold a item(Remote control car) to buyer, the buyer dispute me. He said the item doesn't match the description. I list everything it include but I did not say the transmitter is include. He ask for the transmitter after I shipped item to him through massages. He was asking what kind of remote I have, and I said" the transmitter is the best...xxxxxxxxxxx..", but I did not say the transmitter is include, even he did not say he want the transmitter. That is mean, he think the transmitter is include but it is not. And now, paypal held my money. He want additional item. My question is what should I do? Can I law suit him if ebay on his side? He said the item doesn't match the description. BUT, in the description, I did not list transmitter. I really need someone help. I am new on Ebay. Thanks
So you sold him an RC car that he couldn't use. Seriously - it is NOT unreasonable to expect to get the remote as well as the car. What are YOU going to do with it?

Mass_Shyster

If you're going to sell stuff in Massachusetts, you had better become familiar with the consumer protection law (MGL 93A).

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">