• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

what are my rights on getting a refund for tickets bought online?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sarahjanet55

Hi there, Does anyone know what my rights are , I bought 5 tickets on line to see the group UB40 in Oct but it turns out there are two groups calling themselves UB40 and the UB40 event I have bought the tickets for is not the UB40 group I want to see. very confusing eh? I feel it was misleading and on checking the Q&A's on the website of the company I Purchased from they state that they do not give refunds unless the event is cancelled . I have sent them two emails with no response so far. At 172 pounds I am not prepared to leave it go , anyone able to help with advice on what to do next please????

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
they do not give refunds unless the event is cancelled .

There's your answer.

It was your responsibility to confirm which group it was beforehand and to read the terms before you clicked on Submit.

Proserpina

Hi there, Does anyone know what my rights are , I bought 5 tickets on line to see the group UB40 in Oct but it turns out there are two groups calling themselves UB40 and the UB40 event I have bought the tickets for is not the UB40 group I want to see. very confusing eh? I feel it was misleading and on checking the Q&A's on the website of the company I Purchased from they state that they do not give refunds unless the event is cancelled . I have sent them two emails with no response so far. At 172 pounds I am not prepared to leave it go , anyone able to help with advice on what to do next please????
You'll need a UK forum.

While the UK is generally considerably more buyer-friendly, if you didn't bother to check what you were buying before you bought it, you may end up out of luck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">