• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Will two wrongs make a right? Without legal problems

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mikegates

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Kentucky
I had a item on order from a company they charged me full amount and the website stated it was in stock and they done a drop ship on me from a 2nd company, after 6 months of hearing that they are sorry and we don't just don't know from both companies and a lot of your item is still out of stock and about 20 emails with no replies most the time , I canceled my order with a call and got a canceled order confirmation .
It took a lot of calling to them and a month for me to get my money back on my Visa.
and now for the Odd part 2 months after I canceled my order and I got the refund I got the item which they was to send to me? they made a mistake it seems, should I and can I keep the item 6 months like they did my money:D without any legal problems because I did canceled this order? and still have Email stating so. Thanks

Last edited:

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Kentucky
I had a item on order from a company they charged me full amount and the website stated it was in stock and they done a drop ship on me from a 2nd company, after 6 months of hearing that they are sorry and we don't just don't know from both companies and a lot of your item is still out of stock and about 20 emails with no replies most the time , I canceled my order with a call and got a canceled order confirmation .
It took a lot of calling to them and a month for me to get my money back on my Visa.
and now for the Odd part 2 months after I canceled my order and I got the refund I got the item which they was to send to me? they made a mistake it seems, should I and can I keep the item 6 months like they did my money:D without any legal problems because I did canceled this order? and still have Email stating so. Thanks
You need to pay for what you received or send it back.

LdiJ

You need to pay for what you received or send it back.
Slight disagreement...pay for what you received or tell them that they shipped in error and have them arrange for it to be shipped back. You do NOT have to arrange or pay for shipping it back to them.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Slight disagreement...pay for what you received or tell them that they shipped in error and have them arrange for it to be shipped back. You do NOT have to arrange or pay for shipping it back to them.
That's not a disagreement - that's a clarification. At the end of the day, the OP would still be sending it back ;) :p

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">