• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wrong item sent - and it is making me physically sick!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sicklyone

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? FL

We recently ordered a dresser but the one we ordered did not come. We have already called to get the process started in order to receive the correct dresser, but in the meantime we have a dresser we did not order in the master bedroom (it arrived Friday) and it is off-gassing and literally making me sick. I have asked them already to come and get the dresser removed immediately, but they have stated that they will pick up the incorrect item when they deliver the correct item - roughly 3 weeks from now.

IF this was the dresser we had ordered, we could air it out (the current dresser is still, for the most part, in its original packaging) or place it under our carport, but since this is not "our" dresser what can we do? If we place it outside are we responsible if the weather (it is currently raining) damages it? Do we have any options other than keeping it in the house and continuing to get sicker?

quincy

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? FL

We recently ordered a dresser but the one we ordered did not come. We have already called to get the process started in order to receive the correct dresser, but in the meantime we have a dresser we did not order in the master bedroom (it arrived Friday) and it is off-gassing and literally making me sick. I have asked them already to come and get the dresser removed immediately, but they have stated that they will pick up the incorrect item when they deliver the correct item - roughly 3 weeks from now.

IF this was the dresser we had ordered, we could air it out (the current dresser is still, for the most part, in its original packaging) or place it under our carport, but since this is not "our" dresser what can we do? If we place it outside are we responsible if the weather (it is currently raining) damages it? Do we have any options other than keeping it in the house and continuing to get sicker?
A question: Why did you accept delivery of the dresser and have it moved into your master bedroom if you knew it was the wrong dresser?

I would certainly move the noxious dresser out of your bedroom during the time it takes to get a replacement but you cannot move the dresser outside where it will be damaged by the weather.

Based on what you have written, I see no legal action you can take (if that is your underlying question).

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">