• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wrong price on product ordered

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

AngelNelson

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NC
I ordered a dog collar that was on sale for $0.00. I ordered it paid for shipping and now the company says the price was wrong and they want $52 or they wont send it. Do they have to honor the price on my receipt? Is there anything I can do?

You Are Guilty

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NC
I ordered a dog collar that was on sale for $0.00. I ordered it paid for shipping and now the company says the price was wrong and they want $52 or they wont send it. Do they have to honor the price on my receipt? Is there anything I can do?
No; Pay $52 or do not pay $52 seem to be your only options.

swalsh411

Are you daft? It was an obvious pricing error. Considering there has been no consideration (i.e. you haven't paid for the collar) then there is no contract.

AngelNelson

I purchased the item, I have a receipt to show for it. Isn't a receipt a contract? And there are other items that are free on their site so no it wasn't obvious.

tranquility

No. A contract is an agreement. Did they agree to sell you the collar for 0? Of course not. It is an obvious error.

They are not shipping you the collar. You would lose if you went to court. Because of the small amount you would be a fool to go to court anyway.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">