• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

yt dispute

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

chris75

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? IL

I recently engaged in a deal over YouTube. The deal was his collection of baseball cards listed for my $1,000 cash. He agreed to send first but didn't not send all the listed cards. He assured me he would send first and I proceeded to mail my $1,000 as he requested. He received before I received the full list of cards and claims there was only $350 in the package I send him.

He showed a video of him opening the package but didn't clearly show my address. He said he stopped the 2nd package that contained the rest of the list and said he'll put me in jail if I don't send the rest of the money. What are my options? I don't what to go to jail or give more money to that scammer since I believe he opened and resealed the package.

swalsh411

Scammers are notorious about making grandiose threats to scare their victims into compliance. I would tell him to go to h*ll and block his emails and on youtube. You're not going to go to jail.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
...no are you getting any more cards or any of your money back (just to cover all our "bases")

chris75

I haven't received the supposed 2nd packaged due to his claims but I'm pretty content (received about 3/4 of the collection I was suppose to get) with what I have since I obviously bought below retail price. Also, I have a couple of more questions. If I sue him what are the chances that I'll win or if he sues me what are the chances he'll win? Is it worth to sue? Do I have to go to his state to sue him? Should I also file a police claim and would it do me any good? I really appreciate all your answers, it really eases my headache with this.

Last edited:

swalsh411

You haven't said where the other party is located. If it's more than a few hours drive it's not worth it. You got most of what you paid for and that's luckier than most people who get scammed.

chris75

i'm sorry. i'm really confused here. why did you send cash??
The other user required to show proof of my "money" on a video (transaction was done on YouTube). Then he requested to send cash because he had problems in the past with paypal and such. I didn't see a problem with it since I was receiving first but I see otherwise now.

Isis1

The other user required to show proof of my "money" on a video (transaction was done on YouTube). Then he requested to send cash because he had problems in the past with paypal and such. I didn't see a problem with it since I was receiving first but I see otherwise now.
uh huh....;) this life lesson sucks huh? i'm am truely sorry it ended this way.

chris75

uh huh....;) this life lesson sucks huh? i'm am truely sorry it ended this way.
Not really angry about it since I still got more than my money's worth. I just don't want get in trouble when he's the one who is trying to scam me.

chris75

Could I possibly sue the other party without taking a huge financial hit? Roughly, how much does a civil attorney cost? Would I have to go to his state to sue him? How fast would the trail take?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">