+ Reply to Thread
    squideast is offline Junior Member

How to delete a thread?

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Hi - sorry if this has been answered elsewhere, but I searched and could not find for the life of me how to do this.

Can anyone explain how to delete a thread (your own thread, of course - not thinking I can delete someone else's!).

I opened the thread and selected Thread Tools, and the only mod option I see is 'Close thread'.

Help?
    garrula lingua is offline Senior Member
    Squid,
    Try finding the owner's name through the Property Appraisal:
    [url=http://www.assessment.state.tn.us/SelectCounty.asp]Tennessee Property Data - Enter Selection Criteria[/url]

To delete your posts, you can hit edit, delete.
    Look to the bottom right for the edit button (I'm sure there is a faster way, but you can edit your posts & when in edit mode. delete it).
    squideast is offline Junior Member

Edit not there on old posts?

So confused I see, for example, on this thread, that I have an 'Edit' button available on my initial post. But if I look at older threads, there is no Edit button available on those. I wonder does the option to edit expire?

Seems like there should be a way to delete an entire thread though? Particularly since in many responses the original text is quoted. Is there a way to do that?

Side note...on the Tennessee thing...I found the registered agent, filed in small claims, and her office refused service. Which I never knew until I showed up for court up there, and my case wasn't called that day...story just drags out. I have gotten such a run-around. I finally just signed up for the legal assistance benefit through my work, and am trying to find the time to meet with an attorney about it. Been hard to do that lately - crazy busy around here...
    Proserpina is offline Senior Member
    After a certain amount of time has passed, only admin can edit/delete a thread.

You may wish to contact admin.
    Country Living is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by squideast View Post
    So confused I see, for example, on this thread, that I have an 'Edit' button available on my initial post. But if I look at older threads, there is no Edit button available on those. I wonder does the option to edit expire?
    Yes, although I'm not sure what the time frame is for the expiration of the edit feature.
    Quote Originally Posted by squideast View Post
    Seems like there should be a way to delete an entire thread though? Particularly since in many responses the original text is quoted. Is there a way to do that?
    We usually do not recommend deleting a thread that's already received answers. Keeping the information on the board allows other people with similar problems to read and be (hopefully) educated about their situation.
    garrula lingua is offline Senior Member
    ... isn't there a way for a poster to edit personal info in their thread (including at a later date), even if the thread remains ?
    Country Living is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by garrula lingua View Post
    ... isn't there a way for a poster to edit personal info in their thread (including at a later date), even if the thread remains ?
    The only personal information that can be changed in an older thread is through the user profile. And that changes on every thread. Or one can email *M*om and politely ask her to remove personal identifying information in a thread that cannot be edited.
    Last edited by Country Living; 06-28-2011 at 07:20 PM.