+ Reply to Thread
    dominiquel is offline Junior Member

Transfer Supervised probation to another state

My dad is on Supervised misdemeanor probation in Idaho, he wants to move to Oregon for a job, his PO said no you cant transfer to another state. Is this true??
    xylene is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dominiquel View Post
    My dad is on Supervised misdemeanor probation in Idaho, he wants to move to Oregon for a job, his PO said no you cant transfer to another state. Is this true??
    Have dad ask his criminal defense lawyer.

It is theoretically possible to transfer probation to another state, with the approval of both states.

It is also very possible your dad's Idaho probation officer is unwilling to release him.

There is also the issue of "will Oregon accept him"

Which may well be "NO."
    Indiana Filer is offline Senior Member
    First of all, this is the wrong place to post your question. This forum is for technical problems dealing with the website.

As for the probation transfer, where do you live? Does your dad have any family in Oregon? If so, it will be easier for him to transfer. He'll still have to go through his Probation Officer to transfer, but the Interstate Compact is pretty clear that transfers can get approved easily if there is a family member in the receiving state. If he doesn't have family in OR, the state of OR or the local probation officer can refuse to accept him for transfer.

Your father needs to convince the PO that it would be beneficial for him to transfer. How much longer does your dad have on probation?
    seniorjudge is offline Senior Member
    Yes, that is true.
    There are two rules for success:

(1) Never tell everything you know.
    dominiquel is offline Junior Member
    Yes i live in oregon, and his job would be about 30 min away from me. He has a year left.
    So what you are saying is that there is no law that says you can not transfer your probation out side of Idaho..it just has to be approved.
    The Occultist is offline Senior Member
    So what you are saying is that there is no law that says you can not transfer your probation out side of Idaho..it just has to be approved.
    Right, there is no law that says a transfer is not allowed. However, there is also no law that says transfers must be approved.