• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

110mph in a 65 zone.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

O

oraphus

What is the name of your state? CA - Bay Area

i got a ticket for going 110mph in a 65. This was at 2am with no other cars on the road? The cop did not have a radar print out.
He said he paced me, which by the way is BS.
I got a mandatory court appearance notice.
Questons:
1. should i even attempt to fight this on my own.
2. what is the best/worst/ most likely to happen scenario?
How much in fines? loss of license? etc.
3. How much should a lawyer charge for taking my case(avg). What can i expect the result to be?

any usefull info would be appreciated.

H

hexeliebe

1. should i even attempt to fight this on my own.
Yes, this is the classic example of a speed trap.

2. what is the best/worst/ most likely to happen scenario?
Best: The judge is your uncle and he's drunk when he says "Not Guilty".

Worst: You do time for endangerment and stupidity.

How much in fines? loss of license? etc.
depends. Every state and municipality is different. Anywhere from free to more than $1,000. And loss of license is doubtful, especially in view of number 1 above.

3. How much should a lawyer charge for taking my case(avg). What can i expect the result to be?
Anywhere from free to $5,000. The expected outcome with or without an attorney is .......

(see below)

You're ASS is fried. :D

Happy Thanksgiving Turkey and NEVER, NEVER, NEVER mess with HG again. We buds (and buddettes) on this forum stick together against the dickwads of the world.

Bigfoot

110 mph at 2 am? There were other people on the road--they probably pulled over when they saw you coming!

The officer should have locked you up, because there are other people out at 2 am:

Huge petroleum trucks who refill gas pumps;
Delivery people, i.e., US mail, newspapers, grocery trucks
Emergency personnel, trying to rush people to the hospital to save their lives;

...and nuts like you.

Please, please, may I represent you? I won't charge, unless you lose....

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">