• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

13 year old destruction of property

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

V

valvee2003

What is the name of your state?

Georgia

My 13 year old son and his 2 best friends have been charged with 2nd degree destruction of property for breaking 34 windows and the front windshield of a front end loader at a construction site. Approximately $6000 worth of damage. They did do it, and signed statements admitting to it.

I am wondering if anyone knows what type of sentence is usually passed down in situations like this. My son has never been in trouble with the law before, this is his first offense. I need to know for my peace of mind if a juvenile detention center will be a possibility.

Thank you

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

valvee2003 said:
What is the name of your state?

Georgia

My 13 year old son and his 2 best friends have been charged with 2nd degree destruction of property for breaking 34 windows and the front windshield of a front end loader at a construction site. Approximately $6000 worth of damage. They did do it, and signed statements admitting to it.

I am wondering if anyone knows what type of sentence is usually passed down in situations like this. My son has never been in trouble with the law before, this is his first offense. I need to know for my peace of mind if a juvenile detention center will be a possibility.

Thank you

My response:

Georgia still has "chain gangs."

Have your son watch the movie, "Cool Hand Luke." Have him substitute destruction of parking meters to breaking glass. That should give him an idea of where he's headed - - REAL SOON.

IAAL

HomeGuru

He will be punished to the full extent of the law and more. That was my front end loader and I'm real pissed.

V

valvee2003

Don't you have anything better to do?

HomeGuru - you must be mistaken, I do not believe you own a front end loader, if you do you don't operate it since you obviously wouldn't have time to work as you are too busy posting an average of 21.8 messages to this board today.

I asked a serious question concerning the future of my son, who is NOT perfect, and I get a response like this from you? Uncalled for....

If I actually thought you were the owner of that piece of machinery (which by the way, was NOT damaged by my son, but by another child), I'd look into pressing charges against you for the implied threat in your reply.

HomeGuru

Re: Don't you have anything better to do?

valvee2003 said:
HomeGuru - you must be mistaken, I do not believe you own a front end loader, if you do you don't operate it since you obviously wouldn't have time to work as you are too busy posting an average of 21.8 messages to this board today.

I asked a serious question concerning the future of my son, who is NOT perfect, and I get a response like this from you? Uncalled for....

If I actually thought you were the owner of that piece of machinery (which by the way, was NOT damaged by my son, but by another child), I'd look into pressing charges against you for the implied threat in your reply.
**A: hahaha. this wins the award for thread of the day.

racer72

Your son is going to get off easy compared to what is going to happen to you. Wait till you are served papers because you are being sued for the damage your kid caused. Besides the damage, they will also want compesation for the time the equipment is down. That could run a couple hundred dollars an hour.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">