• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

16 year old girl dating 19 year old guy

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

proaudiostream

What is the name of your state? iowa

alright im 16 and the guy im dating is 19. we started having sex about a month ago. now that my mom knows, she wants to put statutory rape charges on him, can she do that? isnt the age of consent 16-18? please help me. is there anything i can do to keep her from tearing us apart??

Son of Slam

proaudiostream said:
What is the name of your state? iowa

alright im 16 and the guy im dating is 19. we started having sex about a month ago. now that my mom knows, she wants to put statutory rape charges on him, can she do that? isnt the age of consent 16-18? please help me. is there anything i can do to keep her from tearing us apart??

***Sorry, but if I were to talk to a 16 year old girl about sex

djohnson

This is a very good question and should have been asked before.....not afterward if you really cared about this person and his future. The fact that you didn't speaks volumes about your maturity level.

Beth3

The age of consent in Iowa is actually somewhat unclear in the statues however it's either 14 or 16, so your BF is apparently safe from being charged with statutory rape. HOWEVER that does not mean your mother can't take signficant action in your life if she does not care for your behavior.

If you are determined to continue to engage in sexual activity at far too young an age, I certainly hope you are protecting yourself from pregnancy and sexually transmitted diseases. That means he uses a condom AND you use birth control as well.

M

mellisadawn

You are lucky that you live in Iowa and not Idaho..Even if you were 17 and your boyfriend was barely 18, charges would still be pressed on him for rape. Rape 18-6101. Not just statutory rape but straight felony rape. Your parents don't even have to press the charges..anyone could tip of the law and then the prosecuting attorney, Grant Loebs, presses the charges. Your boyfriend would then go to prison and you would never be together again for a very long time. If your boyfriend was lucky he would get probation and have to attend sex offender therapy costing thousands of dollars. You would then be considered his "victim" and could have no contact. This sounds crazy but as I have first hand knowledge of these cases, it is true. Idaho makes court appointed victims.

C

coosi

http://www.coolnurse.com/consent.htm

Sexual Consent Age Laws (USA)

As with any laws, these are subject to change. If you see two ages in one cell, that is because the age of consent is different for females and for males. Yes, that is stupid, but I didn't make these laws. That is why you need to register to VOTE at age 18 and make your opinions heard! End of lecture.

USA by State: Female/Male Male/Male Female/Female

Alabama 16 illegal illegal
Alaska 16 16 16
Arizona 18 illegal illegal
Arkansas 16 illegal illegal
California 18 18 18
Colorado 17 17 17
Connecticut 16 no current law no current law
District of C. 16 no current law no current law
Delaware 16 (f)18 (m) no current law no current law
Florida 18 illegal illegal
Georgia 16 16 16
Hawaii 14 no current law no current law
Idaho 16 (f) 18 (m) illegal illegal
Illinois 17 17 17
Indiana 16 16 16
Iowa 14(f) 18(m) no current law no current law
Kansas 16 illegal illegal
Kentucky 16 no current law no current law
Louisiana 17 illegal (under appeal) illegal (under appeal)
Maine 16 16 16
Maryland 16 no current law no current law
Massachusetts 16 (f) 18 (m) illegal illegal
Michigan 16 illegal illegal
Minnesota 16 illegal illegal
Mississippi 16 illegal illegal
Missouri 17 illegal illegal
Montana 16 (f) 18 (m) 18 18
Nebraska 17 no current law no current law
Nevada 16 18 18
New Hampshire 16 18 18
New Jersey 16 16 16
New Mexico 17 16 16
New York 17 17 17
North Carolina 16 illegal illegal
North Dakota 18 18 18
Ohio 16 no current law no current law
Oklahoma 16 illegal illegal
Oregon 18 18 18
Pennsylvania 16 16 16
Rhode Island 16 no current law no current law
South Carolina 14 (f) 16 (m) illegal illegal
South Dakota 16 no current law no current law
Tennessee 18 no current law no current law
Texas 17 illegal illegal
Utah 16 - f 18 (m) illegal illegal
Vermont 16 no current law no current law
Virginia 18 illegal illegal
Washington 16 16 16
West Virginia 16 no current law no current law
Wisconsin 18 18 18
Wyoming 16 (f) 18 (m) no current law no current law

US Military 16 don't ask, don't tell don't ask, don't tell
USA Citizen Outside the USA 18 no current law no current law

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">