• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

16 yr passed 1st field test continued to ask if drinking

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

ltepj2k1

12-noon rain, wet leaves, narrow curved Connecticut street. Driving speed limit as
approached curve a car approaching flashed
a warning, she braked, when into curve, saw
police car, braked harder, went into skid into an embankment on right. Officer was at
scene for accident moments before with serious damage to vehicle and ambulance called. Asked if drinking or on drugs, she
responded no, I don't drink or do drugs. Called 2nd Officer to scene. Did one
field test. Over 40 minutes held at scene
questioned seven or eight times about drinking. Charged with driving unreasonably fast. 100% certain no drug, alcohol, her life
is 3 varsity sports, I'm not in denial, I've been the opposite route with her brother. 1 1/2 hours later I go to police station. Questioned drug alcohol reasoning, no Grateful Dead stickers on car, only soccer ball football in car, no tie-dye shirt, dressed conservatively. Officer stated she skid because she saw a cop because she had something to hide, and was too nervous. I
suggested she skid because it was slick road
conditions, no flares, a few minutes before an accident occurred - His superior stated that apparently there were two incompetent drivers on the road. He claimed the ticket even if driving under the limit was issued
because anytime you loose control of your car
your traveling too fast. She was also told she could have killed someone stating a minute before she rounded the curve his car was in the road. I advised Department that I plan on filing charges today. For two days she has not driven and is very upset, however, she is improving. Am I correct is assuming this was unreasonable, to be questioned repeatedly even after passing the field test. After 40 minutes he handed her the ticket asked again if she has been drinking or taking drugs and then said she could go and have a nice day.

T

Tracey

I think the detention was too long & probably illegal. However, that doesn't necessarily get the ticket thrown out. The cop is wrong about any loss of control indicating the driver is going too fast. If that were true, we'd all have to drive 5 mph in case a cat darted out & we had to stop suddenly. Get a lawyer to fight the ticket. If it goes on her record, your insurance rates will triple.

------------------
This is not legal advice and you are not my client. Double check everything with your own attorney and your state's laws. [email protected] - please include some facts so I know who you are!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">