• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

18 year old; Class B Misdomeanor

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

Sage74

he is a Illinois resident but attending school in Missouri.

He admitted to filing a false report (pulling a fire alarm in a college dorm) 2 times.

This is his first offense...They want him to do 4 days in jail along with restitution, community service, public apology. He has already went before a university committee and is doing 50 hours community service, $200 in fines...

We have a meeting scheduled with the state attorney, but he wants to "send a message"

any advice??

AmosMoses

Get a lawyer.

Evidently they want to put a stop to this sort of thing due to the current "terror" climate and obvious safety reasons. A lawyer will have a much better chance of working something out than you will! I expect that you are more concerned about the 4 days in jail than anything...just a guess. Was he arrested, and if so, was he held for possibly four days, like they may be intending to work out a "time served" thing? I doubt this, but I am simply curious.

AmosMoses

Kids pulling fire alarms, although wrong and unsafe, isn't much of a crime in the big scheme of things. Ever spend even one day in the clink? It's no picnic.

S

Sage74

Thanks Amos...

For some 1 night in jail is an eternity...

We ended up with no jail time, dropped the second charge, a suspended sentence? SIS and 2 years probation...

Does that seem reasonable to you??

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">