• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

1st Degree Felony

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

chloe0108

What is the name of your state? FL

A friend of mines wife was arrested for embezzelment (larceny). She stole $208,000 from her former employer(yes her husband knew). Anyway, she was sentenced to 1 year in the work release program. Basically she comes and goes as she pleases. She told her husband that she does not have to pay restitution because it is a civil lien and she will just never pay it. I went online and found the court documents. Bascially, she was charged with a first degree felony and 15 years probation (also work release). It also says that she has to pay restitution in the amount of $208,000. Is it possible that this is a civil lien? She never went to court for this civilly. Or is she lying (as usual) and this restiution will be part of her probation? Also, she is saying that she will not have to pay probation fees (is that possible?) And she wants to move to another state when she gets out--wil probation let her? I do not belive a word she says because she is a liar--I just want to know if for once she is telling the truth! Also, do they drug test in work release even if you are in there for the reason mentioned above(I know she is doing drugs in there) Also, will they drug test her on probabtion? And is it possible to drug test for prescription pills(she does not actually have a perscription). I cannot belive they just gave her work release for a 1st degree felony!! Thank you for all your help!! Even if you do not know the law, all opinion will be appreciated!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">