• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

1st time arrested for possesion of a controlled substance

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

F

florence

My friend has no previous record. Another friend has a prescription for valium, she gave 8 to my friend. Friend was arrested for controlled substance because she admitted they were a friends & she did not have a script. This is in FL. & is a felony. She has a prepaid legal service through work. Should she hire a specific criminal lawyer instead? If she is convicted, she will lose her job. Since she has never been in trouble before, could they lower it to a misdemeanor?? Thanks

T

Tracey

How could we know if she should hire an attorney outside the insurance plan? That's like asking if she shold see a doctor who's not on her HMO. It depends on the professional the insurance is providing. She should probably try to work out some sort of deferment to avoid a conviction altogether.

------------------
This is not legal advice and you are not my client. Double check everything with your own attorney and your state's laws.

J

Jayling98

On first time arrest for controlled substance you can ask for a drug division class. It will remain in suspense-a felony-till you succesfully complete the division class. If you pass it will be removed but if you fail then it will go down as a felony

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">