• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

1st time shoplifting

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

Petty

I'm 28 years old living in Orange county, CA. I'm been arrested from shoplifting at Nordstrom Rack 3 weeks ago. The officer wrote me a ticket with violation section: 488PC. I received a notice stating that Violation sections should be changed from 488PC to 484/488PC last week. What does that mean?
I'm schedule to court on June 12. What is going to happen that day?
The officer said that my violation will be in my record for the rest of my life, is that right? Is there anything that I do to keep this off my record?
Will this violation affect my future career? When I apply for a new company, will they find this out from the background check?

H

HotRedCathie

WHAT IS THE CHARGE?

The details are not very clear,however,I will attempt to explain this information. I did not read any information stating that you taken in for booking and fingerprinting. Assuming this to be true you were arrested for Theft. 488 is the penal code in detail of Petty Theft which is punishable by fine not exceeding One Thousand Dollars($1,000), or by imprisonment in the county jail not to exceed six months, or both. Yes, this will follow you for as long as you shall live. Always remember when arrested and fingerprinted your information is processed through a system called the National Crime Information Center(NCIC)this will allow law enforcement centers nationwide access of any and all criminal activity you have engaged in. A set of your Fingerprints are also located in Washington, DC (The FBI Building). Please refer to the website: http://www.Yahoo.com., Type the word California Penal Code Section 484-502.9, from there you will view the information listed under Chapter 5 known as Larceny. If a company does a criminal background check this will more than likely influence one decision if there was difficulties in determining the best applicant. We all have made some mistakes in our lives, some is of notice, and some is not. A wiseman learn from his errors but a fool lives in his.

[Edited by HotRedCathie on 06-05-2001 at 02:35 AM]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">