• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

2 misdemeanors (petty larceny)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

Aras0019

last year I was charged with 3 felonies all under burgulary. It was dropped later to 2 misdemeanors after going to court. My lawyer spoke with the prosecutor and it was plea bargain. I wanted to know if it was possible to take this back to court and try to dismiss it? Or is there nothing I can do about it? And if this does stay on my record is it permanent or will it be removed after several years? (I live in VA)

Last edited:

JETX

Q1) "My lawyer spoke with the prosecutor and it was plea bargain. I wanted to know if it was possible to take this back to court and try to dismiss it?"
A1) Dismissal after a guilty plea would be EXTREMELY unusual and subject to reason. Why do you feel that you were guilty then.... and not now??

Q2) "And if this does stay on my record is it permanent or will it be removed after several years? (I live in VA)"
A2) Unless you could get it expunged (if allowed in your state), assuming you were an adult at the time, it is permanent.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">